The first sights of fall are quite literally falling upon us what with the green leaves yellowing and the BBQ-friendly weather cooling down, a perfect environment for a fall fashion show. Luckily for the spectators, Mother Nature was on our side Tuesday evening with shorts and t-shirts weather for the outdoor “fall-forward fashion show” behind the Meese clothing store in St. Albert. Meese is situated in a beautiful spot on the Sturgeon River.
Models in all shapes in sizes proudly showed off the new fall collection which was set to hit Meese after the show. Pieces included Preloved, Cinder + Smoke, Hand & Shadow, Rebecca King, Frank Lyman, a number of other designers, and of course Meese’s house line, Sessa Wearables.
The show was divided into four parts: casual wear, work wear, eveningwear and Sessa Wearables. Here are the photos of my favourite pieces.
1. I had to throw in this first photo of Cinder + Smoke (left) and her friend who wore a ‘Madeline’ floral print dress from Cinder + Smoke’s collection.
The shoes on the left are magnificent. I wanted to purchase some last year and never managed to find a good pair. This year, I must look harder. Also, floral prints are beautiful and they transition well into the fall. I like to do this by pairing them with darker shades of tights.
2. I was very impressed by the Hand & Shadow T-shirt. The hand-printed skeleton was cleverly placed on the T-shirt right under the chin. I later found out they make them in unisex sizes. Yay! (Sorry about the model closing his eyes.)
3. I am so glad to see that waist belts are still out in full force. They can turn an otherwise unflattering piece of clothing into a curve hugging one. It can also add great detail to a dull shirt or dress.
4. I love braids. Thank God for my long hair.
5. This look is one of the only ones during the show that can be worn into the winter. The sweater looks extremely comfortable and it has fun retro details in the knit.
6. The next three photos are proof of Rebecca King’s skill at taking a simple fall/winter coat and reinventing it with fun shoulder detailing, avant-garde cuts and a mix of fabrics.
7. Last but not least, a flirty extremely shiny number. I would probably never wear this myself but I believe that the right person could.